Hosting for over 160 years
In over 165 years a lot has happened on our hotel grounds; the first guests were welcomed here as early as 1852.
The history of the Herburger family in Feldkirch begins with the purchase of the Hotel Weisses Kreuz in 1852, including a cider factory, farming and vineyard, which unfortunately no longer exists.
August 27th 1852 thus establishes an over 160 year old tradition - the oldest hotel in the area, which has been continuously owned by the same family for such a long time.
A country inn was first mentioned at this location over 220 years ago. At that time it was called "Schildwirtschaft", which meant that at that time there was already a hostelry licence.
The name "Weisses Kreuz" (White Cross) means that in former times all destitute Alpine crossers (job seekers, pilgrims, etc.) received free board and lodging in these hostels.
In the beginning, our hotel had its own bakery, then a weighbridge, a petrol station, a cider factory and a distillery.
The hotel is now run by the Herburger family in the 5th generation - making it the only guest house in Feldkirch that has been owned by the same family for over 160 years.